● I collaborated with Chunhan to create an interactive crystal ball for the NYU’s Graduate Musical Theatre Writing Program's Halloween performance event. This crystal ball would be in a fortune teller's room where 2 – 3 guests would enter and have their tarot cards read by the NPC (non-player character). In the middle of the reading, an alien ghost that haunts the fictional town of Twyp would interrupt the scene to reveal clues. To achieve this we used a touch sensor that would trigger this premonition animation. In the normal state, the crystal ball would loop through various tv show clips from the 1950’s.
● Read about the process: here.
● Client: NYU Graduate Musical Theatre Writing Program
● Year: 2018
● Type: Performance Interactive, Stage Prop
● Role: Animator, Fabricator, Physical Computation
● Collaborators: Chunhan Chen
● NYU GWMTP Collaborators: Robert Lee, Wilson W.
● Professor: Tom Igoe