Access to Places
● Access to Places seeks to make NYC subway stations accessible to people who are blind by leveraging iOS's native text-to-speech voiceover technology to offer entry and exit information, service changes, safety updates, train arrival times, and other key details within a mobile application. The informational content is complemented by beacon-triggered notifications to allow travelers to more easily navigate themselves within complicated station layouts.
● View presentation● Read about the process
● Fellowship: Havas | NYC Media Lab, Microsoft Design Expo● Type: Mobile App
● Role: Designer, Video Editor
● Data Journalist: Rashida Kamal● UX Designer: Antonio Guimaraes● Developer: Luming Hao